25 Patience Quotes That Inspire Peaceful Persistence
Take a deep breath and find that inner peace with these quotes about patience.
Patience quotes to inspire you
Patience isn’t just about sitting in the waiting room at the doctor’s office or remaining on hold when you try to call customer service. Having patience can help us reach our goals and ultimately make us live a happier life. But we’re all only human, and sometimes, we succumb to the pressure and frustrations of life. When you feel that anger bubbling up from the pit of your stomach, take a deep breath, maybe try repeating some positive affirmations to yourself, and remind yourself that you are thankful for what you have—these gratitude quotes may help with that. Like anything, becoming a more patient person takes practice and time. These patience quotes from some of the world’s most notable people will hopefully inspire you to work towards being more positive and less stressed about things that are out of your control. And if you need even more inspiration, check out these Bible quotes and hope quotes that will instantly lift you up.
1. “To lose patience is to lose the battle.” —Mahatma Gandhi. These spiritual quotes are as transformative and enlightening as it gets.
2. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” —Jean-Jacques Rousseau. Don’t miss these Christian quotes that will inspire your faith.
3. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” —Hal Borland. If you need a reminder about how special you are, these inspiring self-love quotes will make you feel like a million bucks.
4. “Have patience with all things but first of all with yourself.” —Francis de Sales. Start the day off right with these good morning quotes.
5. “Patience is the road to wisdom.” —Kao Kalia Yang. Take a deep breath and read up on these calm quotes that will bring you inner peace.
6. “Maybe that’s why life is so precious. No rewind or fast forward… just patience and faith.” —Cristina Marrero. Don’t miss these inspiring leadership quotes that will help fuel your success.
7. “Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” —George Bernard Shaw. These confidence quotes will make you believe that you can do anything.
8. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” —Confucius. Check out these Monday motivation quotes that will kick off your week on a high note.
9. “Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.” —Plautus. After you read these patience quotes, don’t miss these body positive quotes that everyone needs to see.
10. “I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” —Lao Tzu. These success quotes will motivate you to check off your entire to-do list.
14. “When you have self-knowledge, you’re naturally calm and poised. You overcome obstacles with ease. They are part of your plan.” —Maxime Lagacé
15. “It is very strange that the years teach us patience — that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting.” —Elizabeth Taylor. Don’t miss these brilliant Albert Einstein quotes to inspire your greatness.
17. “When it comes to patience, we don’t have to change old habits; we can build better ones.” —Sue Bender
20. “Sometimes things aren’t clear right away. That’s where you need to be patient and persevere and see where things lead.” —Mary Pierce. These James Baldwin quotes on love, freedom, and equality are only a small piece of the legacy he left behind.
21. “I will not be distracted by noise, chatter, or setbacks. Patience, commitment, grace, and purpose will guide me.” —Louise Hay
25. “There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself.” —Lemony Snicket. Now that you have read these patience quotes, check out these strength quotes that will inspire you to persevere.